Marine Offshore Designers (1987) Limited (MOD) is a hydrographic survey company employing less than 50 full time staff, specialising primarily in the precise positioning of drilling and accommodation units at open water locations, alongside platforms and above subsea wells and templates, working in both the Oil & Gas and Renewables sectors. Our offices are strategically situated at the heart of these industries in Great Yarmouth and Aberdeen. We also have a company presence in the Netherlands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the organisation as an Offshore Field Engineer / Senior Engineer. The role will report to the Operations Director and Engineering Manager. The position will be based in or near Great Yarmouth and Aberdeen, although the position will be mainly based offshore, working approximately 120 days a year offshore, there will also be duties at the Great Yarmouth and Aberdeen offices as required.
What We Give
Full Training will be given in the operation of all equipment and bespoke software operated by the company. The training will be completed within the procedures and methods as defined by the companies ISO 9001:2015 accredited Integrated Management System (IMS).
Full training for the required offshore certifications, including an offshore medical will be provided, along with any client specific training. This will include mandatory survival training, which involves, heights and water.
The package will include a competitive salary and offshore bonus, and an opportunity to achieve promotion through our Competency System. We offer private health insurance, death in service benefit, travel insurance for you and your family and a company pension scheme.
What We Ask
- Whilst not essential, it would be desirable for candidates to have some offshore experience, preferably in the fields of rig/vessel positioning.
- A qualification in electronic engineering or a related discipline are desirable, although suitable military experience or relevant industry experience may also be considered.
- You will also have good IT knowledge, e.g. Windows Operating Systems
- Some understanding of ISO9001 would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- You will have a UK Passport or evidenced Settled Status in the UK
- You will be in a commutable distance to an international airport
- You should possess a full, clean UK driving licence
- You should be a self-starter with an enthusiastic attitude, be able to work with limited supervision on a daily basis and able to demonstrate tenacity when faced with difficult situations or challenges both on and offshore.
Renumeration, benefits and further Information
- Salary – Dependant on experience. Offshore enhancements payable once training is completed
- Full-time permanent contract
- 20 Days bookable leave
- Free private healthcare after successful completion of 6 months’ probation
- Death in Service benefit
- Travel insurance for you and your family
- Company pension scheme
- Focus on learning, development and career progression